Thursday 28 April 2016

Watercolour Card and Embossing

Hi wonderful crafty people!!

Georgie here with you today and I thought I'd share another watercolour style card.

I'm quite heavily into mixed media so it is nice to shake up the routine a little.


 For this card, I heat embossed with black. This helps to contain the colour, really useful if you are new to this technique and worry about running over the lines with colour.

The stamps used for this is from Floral Fantasy, including the sentiment. I took it from part of one of the sayings. 



You need about four colours,  in varying amount of strengths, but apply roughly, only considering slightly the areas of shadow as a whole. But don't get bogged down with detail.



Don't be afraid to go 'sketchy' with the paint brush to create shade variation, like the leaves here.


And I just love enamel dots on projects like these, they add a sense of fun!

Have a lovely day,
Georgie
xx


5 comments:

  1. This is beautiful - I love how you have coloured the blossoms and those zingy dots look great! Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  2. So gorgeous card - love how the repeated stamping creates a frame for the card ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is so pretty - I just got this stamp set and it really is beautiful! Lovely work. Hugs rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very elegant card , love how,you have used the stamps. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete