Saturday 6 August 2016

Country House Retreat





Hi there Elizabeth here sharing a colourful project this morning. I love this Country House stamp and can see many different used for it.


I started off by adding Fine Texture Paste through the fab new Stars Stencil drying it and then painting over with a coat of White GeeSsoGood While this was drying I stamped out the Country House  doorway stamp twice onto Perfect White Stamping card using Black Versafine Ink and coloured in using Caran d'Ache pencils


I cut around a complete coloured image and adhered it to the canvas. Once that had dried I spread paste around the edges of the stamped image, and scored brick lines into it using the end of a paint brush.


Once this had completely dried off I began adding the Cottage Garden paints layer by layer, starting with Pink Iced Gems and building right up to Park Lane around the edges.


I love the way the paints blend together. Next I mixed a tiny amount of the gorgeous new Luscious Powder in Bronze and using a fine brush painted inbetween the brickwork, and slightly over the top of the bricks as well for a gorgeous sheen.


Then after cutting out the lanterns and topiary tree's I added them using black foam pads.


I also cut out the door, painted it with a mixture of Luscious Powders and made a cut down the centre and edges, so one door could be opened. (sorry about the blurred picture).


Next taking a piece of card I added several different colours of paint, blending them in at the edges where they met.


I stamped out a sentiment and Butterflies from the gorgeous Floral Fantasy Stamp Set on my Rainbow background, made myself a cuppa and set about cutting them out, which took no time at all.


Then all that was left to do, was to build up the picture, add the chopped up sentiment, position the Butterflies escaping from the doorway, and of course add a few paint splatters using the left-over Luscious and also diluted white GeeSsoGood.


I think you will agree, the combination of the Cottage Garden paints and the Luscious powders is just amazing, so vibrant.



I had such great fun creating this project and hope you've enjoyed it too.
Thanks for looking, Elizabeth x


19 comments:

  1. gorgeous project Elizabeth, and I love the sentiment too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Helen I love the sentiment as well x

      Delete
  2. Bellissimo! Such beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Elizabeth this is FAB! Love the colours and your tip for creating brickwork! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sue, I'm in a colourful mood at the moment lol xxx

      Delete
  4. Wow stunning art work will have to pop on to the web to have a look at this stamp thank you for sharing xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Elizabeth I love this canvas!! Love the techniques used! Ivy xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ivy I had great fun doing this one! xxx

      Delete
  6. Gorgeous colours on this Elizabeth! Love that little door and the canvas you have created with it as the focal! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Georgie I was trying not to do anything blue, so I ended up with a rainbow lol xxx

      Delete
  7. I enjoyed it very much Elizabeth, it has a wonderful dreamy quality to it, the colours are perfect and I love the gorgeous butterflies! Beautiful work! Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous Elizabeth, love the colours and the scene you created.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such a happy project with all the bright, cheerful colour and the wonderful sentiment.
    Hugs!
    Cec

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Cec, such lovely colours to work with :) x

      Delete
  10. Truly a lovely and happy project! I could easily get carried away looking into this piece, stunning!

    ReplyDelete