Monday 5 June 2017

Always Something New To Discover


There is Always something new to discover in nature, and nature has always been a huge inspiration in my art. During this lovely sunny June we are celebrating flowers, there are so many wonderfully different varieties and colours! I have created a mini book this month using the gorgeous new flowers, butterflies and sentiments from Indigoblu.There are a lot of pictures today!

On the inside cover I made a grass pocket to hold some tags.I die cut the grass and covered it in texture paste and painted it with Olive Waistcoat.





I used Gelatos directly on the stamps as brilliantly demonstrated by Kay on Hochanda.


One day I was throwing away a gift card and holder, and I wondered if I could recycle it.So I gave it a try... I used 2 coats of gesso on the card and then painted it with the divine Stroke of Midnight. Then I wondered if I could heat emboss the plastic card, so I tried it out, and it worked ok!



I am always finding forgotten pressed flowers inside of books. So I added some to this page, along with some buzzy bees and a wonderful quote,



I used texture paste on the background and pressed a few twigs into it, to leave some twiggy impressions. When dry I painted it with Warm Tan. A real leaf was joined by some skeleton leaves and some raffia. Aren't all the new quotes just brilliant!



I used a chipboard butterfly and painted her with Clockwork Heart Luscious. I then heat embossed the bubbles stamp on her wings. She needed a body which I made with paper clay, and then used some black wire for her antenna.She sits happily in a corner pocket.



Another matching pocket on the inside back cover, to hold two tags.The reeds are from the Clumber Park Stamp set, and the deers are from the Winterland Wood Stamp set.


I hope I have inspired you with my posts, may all of your days be sunny and careless xxx
Products Used



3 comments:

  1. What a great array of tags Jannet and so pretty, and you have made some wonderful backgrounds for some of them too using a great mix of colours. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Janet, I just love your use of colour on this set of tags and how you make simple images come to life by your choices., I'm in limbo atm with most of my craft stash in storage in my garage. Chomping at the bit to get messy and make beautiful creations again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dalma, I hope you are able to play with your goodies soon - have fun !

      Delete