Sunday 5 November 2017

Snowy Feathers


Hello Jannet here today, have you started thinking about creating your Christmas/Winter cards and gifts yet? I have actually made one gift already which is for my parents. This Snowy Feathers  plaque, which features the lovely Robin. For once I was quite happy with how it turned  out, so I thought it might look nice as a card too.


I started by creating a background by using a brayer to apply Stonewashed and Terracotta Adirondack inks. and then spritzed over them with water.


The Robin stamped very nicely onto Watercolour card, and I used Watercolours to give him his famous red breast. I then fussy cut him, no feathers were harmed!



I found a comfortable looking twig for the Robin to happily sit on. I dabbed on some fine modelling paste and then shook some Unicorn Sparkles over it to create the glistening snow.
I stamped the Night before Christmas stamp from the Sparkle and Glisten Stamp Set onto the background. To create the icicles I applied a thick line of glossy accents to the top of the card and then stood the card up so it dripped nicely down, I then shook Unicorn Sparkles over the top.
I adhered the Robin onto the twig and attached the twig to the background. I added some dried moss  a pine cone and a festive red berry.
I finished by flittering white paint over the picture to create falling snow.
I hope you have fun making your cards - Unicorn Sparkles everywhere !





4 comments:

  1. The plaque and card featuring this sweet robin image are really beautiful Jannet and love the added texture on the plaque and then the pretty sparkle on the car, and wonderful colouring on both too. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are gorgeous Jannet!
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is wonderful, I love it.
    Great panel and card using this adorable bird!
    Corinne x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous - I adore robins - my first time here so I'm off to have a good look around

    ReplyDelete