Tuesday 5 December 2017

Christmas Moon Baubles



My Christmas creations are now in full swing, how are yours going? 

I picked up some inexpensive chipboard baubles at Ally Pally in September, and I thought it was about time I used them!


I prepared the chipboard baubles with a coat of white gesso which provides a good surface for the paints. To make a moon I cut a circle out of a masking sheet, and positioned it onto the bauble. I used diluted stroke of midnight and iced gem paints, and also some raspberry luscious. I swept them over the bauble. When dry I peeled back my  mask to reveal my Christmas moon. 

I used versamarker to stamp  the Stag Cliffhanger and heat embossed him in black.

I painted in some more details, and then flicked white paint over the scene to create a snowfall.


To add a silver top to the bauble, I first masked the top by wrapping around some masking tape , and swept on some flitterglu followed by some silver flakes from the winter dawn  megaflakes.

After removing the tape I used the all important scoochy foam to remove the excess and to polish it a little.




I hung my Christmas Moon Baubles up, but they could also go onto the front of a card or be used  as a gift tag for someone very special.

I hope you are having fun creating your Christmas/Winter decorations and cards with Indigoblu.




2 comments:

  1. These baubles are all very pretty Jannet and the blue and pink together with the white snow do give it them a frosty feel. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are gorgeous Jannet.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete